The Australian Curriculum sets out the core knowledge, understandings, skills and general capabilities important for all Australian students.
Teachers across Australia are in the familiarisation stage of implementing the Australian Curriculum. The formal three-year implementation period for WA commenced in 2012 for the first phase of the national curriculum in the areas of English, Mathematics, Science and History.
There are three key design features of the Australian Curriculum.
- Learning Area content descriptions and achievement standards
- General capabilities
- Cross-curriculum priorities
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Competence
- Intercultural Understandings
- Ethical Behaviour
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and culture
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
The Australian Curriculum is from Foundation (Pre Primary) to Year 12 and will be developed in three phases:
- Phase One- English, Mathematics, the Sciences and History
- Phase Two – Languages, Geography and The Arts
- Phase Three – Health and Physical Education, technologies and the ‘remainder of the humanities’ (economics, business education, civics and citiizenship.
Thanks to Our CLICK HERE to view our
website sponsors. Please
companies that support
Booragoon Primary School.