Chaplaincy at Booragoon PS
Booragoon Primary School is one of approximately 370 schools in Western Australia that has a Chaplain under the Federal Government’s National School Chaplaincy Program. Our Chaplain is Joyce Barrett who works two days a week, Monday and Tuesday from 8.30am – 4pm. If you wish to contact Joyce, you can phone the school on 6274 1800.
What is a Chaplain?
YouthCARE is the organisation that employs chaplains across Western Australia. YouthCARE Chaplains are employed on a full or part-time basis to work within the school as a caring adult as part of a professional student services team by:
– Building relationships with students, families and staff.
– Offering pastoral care.
– Being a mentor.
– Providing additional practical help for teaching and administrative staff.
– Offering input into spiritual and ‘meaning of life’ questions.
– Being a positive role model.
– Providing a link between schools and local communities.